Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 4- Commentary on Classmates

I posted this on Heather's blog.

I wish you good luck in wherever you decide to publish.  You may want to think about a Special Education conference as the attendees may be more interested in your subject.  Also an Assistive Technology conference or anything to do with Autism.  Working with Autistic students (as Mark is) is something that will probably increase in the years to come.  Your valuable knowledge will be welcome in many venues.

Here's what she said.

Week 4 Publishing/Leadership Project - Think Out Loud Part 2 of 2

After going back and forth, and still not sure this is the best option, I've decided to take the option that will allow for wider expression and requires more risk on my part.


I'm confident in my ability to write and present my ideas in a way that will be understood but I think that there's more possibilities through a presentation.


In looking through the different conferences to choose where to submit for presentation I choose the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education (SITE). The first reason for my choice is a practical one - of the conferences I researched it's one of the few that are currently accepting proposals for presentations. The second reason that I would like to present for this conference is the wide audience that it reaches. Although my research has been focused on middle school students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), I believe what I've learned can be helpful to students of all needs and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment