Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 4- Classmate commentary.

I commented on Luz's thoughts about publishing.  This is what I said.

I think that you should submit your AR project to the journal.  You have a lot of insight into what went wrong, and what could go right.  You could also look internationally since you are working with Mexican nationals for your project.  There may be an international journal or a Spanish-speaking project.  Good luck and I hope you get published!


Here is what Luz was saying.


Would you like to be published? Why? Where?


I would love to be published because I think that I have invested so much work and time in this ARP that I would like others to know about the process and the data I have collected. I would like to inspire others to commit themselves and do research about this fascinating emergent technology as an immersive educational environment.


I would like to be published in the Simulation & Gaming: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Theory http://www.sagepub.com/home.nav


I surfed their website for a bit and I found out that the articles they publish have a very user friendly style and their requirements meet the expectations of our Leadership Project. They accept different kinds of articles. One of the styles completely fits what I am thinking to create that is more of a conceptual paper, which has the goal to define or redefine a new approach or framework. I think my Leadership project also meets the requirement of being a subject that could interest educators on how to use simulations and gaming in education. The way they expect the article to be written is simple and clear. So I think that my work could fit such profile.

I also would love to be published by the Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR) http://www.aace.org/pubs/jilr/

I found that their work is full of validity and reliability. The guidelines for the authors that would like to submit their work are easy to follow. The Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR) publishes papers that need to include theoretical support (literature review) and cover the design, implementation, and the impact on education and training of different kinds of learning environments such as interactive learning environments, simulations and games. So the topic of my Leadership project could fit their required profile and could contribute in some way to the research that focuses on the use of emergent technologies like 3D virtual worlds as Second Life as educational environments, active learning platforms, and delivery methods for corporate training.

No comments:

Post a Comment