Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week 3-Wimba


    W   
    i
Wimba
    b
    a



There were three questions that were asked during this weeks Wimba.  I will use this time to answer those.

1. "How is the Art of Possibility different from the "Power of Positive Thinking" or Oprah's "the Secret"?

Since I have not read either of the books (Power of Positive Thinking or The secret). I truly cannot answer this question.  However, I have read other books which boost positive thinking that being Joel Osteen's "It's Your Time" which has a lot of positive things in it.  I do enjoy some of the ideas of Zander.  There is quite a bit of difference between Osteen which is faith based and Zander who is basically looking at things from his vision of his music career.




2. Which chapters meant the most to you and why?  I can not really pick out one best chapter.  However, I usually make those comments in my reading commentary.  I did enjoy Remembering Rule #6, and Giving Way to Passion, this week.  There was one or two from last week that I thought was pretty good.


3. What things are you going to take from the reading and use in your teaching and your life?


Although I have found there are several things that I can take from Zander and apply to my life, I am not sure which ones I will take with me.  Maybe, Leading from any chair, since most of my life I have never been more than a 2nd or 3rd clarinet, and certainly never first chair.  I have to show how to be a leader from where I am. 




Other things that I took away from this Wimba, is that I have a lot to do to even start thinking about my Leadership Project, I still have to finish my data for my website and I have an abstract to write.  I feel like I am really far behind and now I am currently working, it has become even harder to find time to get everything done.  I will make time to get things done and hopefully will see you next week in Wimba.

1 comment:

  1. The work really does pile up quickly. I do hope that you are able to get a handle on it, at least to the point so that you can feel good about your efforts and learning.

    ReplyDelete