Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 1-Wimba



 




Week 1 Wimba notes

The first Wimba of the month is always awe-inspiring and this month was no exception.  There is a lot for me to do this month as I play catch-up with my AR project.  I may just as well resign myself into making this a two-month class.

There was a lot of information to pass along, Joe’s contact information, how FSO is going to work, and the teacher’s expectations.  I am very intrigued on how the alternate site will help as I have already used it.  Obtaining information from the dashboard has proven to be somewhat difficult, as I have had to close out and reenter several times just to be able to view the videos and obtain the information that was needed.  (It may have been my poor connection at the time as well).

In these next two months (11 and 12) everything that we have been working on culminates in the ending of the AR project.  There is the final literature review, the website, the abstract and the publishing/leadership project.

This has frightened me a bit, as I really don’t like blowing my own trumpet.  I prefer to stay in the background and don’t tend to share within a group.  I had never thought about publishing or presenting (ever).  I am not sure that sharing what I have learned will help anyone. 

Right now, I need to focus on completing my AR cycles so I have some data to work with.  This will required that I focus on what I need to do so that I can finish my AR website.




1 comment:

  1. welcome to month 11 - media asset creation. And thanks so much for sharing. It is often from the quiet ones that we have so much to learn from and that goes for the whole educational community and not just our class. I'm sure you've noticed that the ones up front doing the "leading" are not always the best practitioners of our field, even among those in the room. But they think they are and that's what gets them up front. We would rather have those who actually do the work to have their say instead of all of us quickly putting up with the blow-hards who are infatuated with the sound of their own voices. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete