Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 2-May -reading commentary

I am rereading Art of Possibility to see if there are any more gems that I can glean from this great book. 

I have figured out that everything is invented and that there are quite a few things that a person can accomplish if one only figures this out. 

One of the practices that I am reflecting on is giving an A.  It said in the book that the person who is least engaged may be the person with the greatest insight.  I have worked with many students who were "least engaged".  I have yet to figure out what it is that they added to the class.  There were others, however, that while "least engaged", there were some who were bored and were able to help others using the technology.  This was quite helpful and then that person was able to shine.

At the beginning of a class, I always told my students that they were capable of getting A's in my class.  However, there were always some who refused to do the work so they didn't get an A.  It was quite easy to get an A.  Come to class, answer the questions and do the projects.  I was a very easy grader and many times the kids were able to teach me something that I didn't know.  I had to humble myself and realize that I (as the teacher) didn't know everything and that there was always something to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment